Hotmail sign up: Hotmail.com is also known as Outlook sign up. It is free accessible web-based email service, which is free. Data showed that approx. 50000 user came to sign-up with Hotmail. Are you want also to open our new outlook account? If yes then get ready to have an email address on Outlook. Come and join free Hotmail and get email account because in this article we will show you how to sign-up for Hotmail login account with step by step guide and pictures. Even we will show you how to change our password, security of your Outlook account, too. So be ready and keep reading.
Hotmail Sign Up Tutorial With Pictures
- First visit the official website of Hotmail from the links given below:
www.hotmail.com or www.Outlook.com
- Once you open the page, you will find an option of “create account” at the top of Hotmail login page.
- Click create account/sign up now link. Now you are on the sign-up page. First, choose your username and password. Password must be alphanumeric.
- Once you select on the next page, you see Hotmail sign-up form as below. Fill the details to get your new account.
Note: when you sign-up for an account, first check that you are on the right page by confirming URL. If your web address shows signup.live.com/, then you are at the correct place.
Next, our Hotmail signs up guide will explain how to sign up Hotmail with your email id. Note that for new Hotmail user, you have chosen either www.example123@Hotmail.com or www.example123@Outlook.com email address so that you can select any one of this. In the case of email address, if your first choice is not available then try for a second. Even they provide you suggestions for email id.
The next topic provides you a step-by-step guide for your Hotmail sign up details along with username and password to successfully access your Hotmail.com email account.
Before you, sign-up for Hotmail account first take a look at this instruction as this will help you to manage your account, update your security, send and receive email and compose an email. Even you get any issue during sign-in, then go to the troubleshooting section that is provided by us.
Create Hotmail Sign up Account Step by Step
Go to the www.outlook.com and click on create new account option. So Hotmail will redirect to a new page with URL login.live.com. Even you can directly go on this by copy- paste the web address. Now follow the step given below:
- Type your username into the first field. For example, Abcdef123@outlook.com/hotmail.com. Make sure you select outlook.com or hotmail.com. If you provide your telephone number, then you can also use it as your username.
- In the next field type your required It contains alphabets and numbers. So your password must be alphanumeric and robust. Remember your password with a case.
- If you don’t want to remember the password or stay sign-in for a long time, then you can choose “keep me signed in” option, too. But note that this will allow accessing your account by anyone from your device. So if you are working on public pc, never let it.
- Now, give all your personal information they required for sign-up. Don’t worry all your data is safe.
- At last, click on ‘sign up’ to be forwarded to your email inbox. And once it confirmed, you can manage your email, Office Online, OneDrive and other Microsoft apps.
Hotmail sign up via single use code
An extra secure way to sign-in into your Hotmail account is by using single-use code. This method prevents to use your password each time and provide safety to your account. It is required when your pc use by other people.
To use this feature of Hotmail, you required a phone number which you have provided during registration. If you have not registered your phone number, then this single-use code is not available for you.
Once you request for single use code, the technical team will forward a code to you by text message. It is a temporary password; you can use single-use code only once before it expires.
- To sign-up for Hotmail using a single-use code, click on the single-use code option given at the bottom of the sign-up page. So you will be redirected to another page.
- Now, enter your e-mail address into the labeled text field.
- Enter the mobile phone number which you provide when you registered with Microsoft and clicked the submit
- You will get the code through SMS shortly. Enter the code on the next page and sign-in.
Once you successfully sign-in your Hotmail account using a single-use code, then you can easily manage your account.
If you find any problem during log-in, then ask for another code. This code is accessible only for 24 hours’ period. Note that you the latest code which come to you as old codes are expired as soon as new code generated.
Hotmail login / sign in – troubleshooting
If you are not able to sign up/sign-in to your Hotmail account, you can recover your account from the steps given below:
Before you go through account recovery process, make sure you enter correct username/ email-id and password. Try once or twice, and turn off the caps lock option.
If you forgot your sign up details, or unable to access your Hotmail account, then recover your details using the steps given below:
- First, click on ‘I can’t access my account’ option, which is provided under the sign-in form.
- In this step you have to give a proper reason to Microsoft the reason why are you getting difficulty during signing in. All the reason are listed there; you have to simply select the appropriate and then click on the ‘Next.’
- It will take you to the account recovery page. The user has to type their email in the appropriate field and select next tab.
- If you want to receive your recovery details using a mobile phone, then select the option. But for that, you have registered your mobile number during the sign-up process.
- On the very next page, select whether you would like to receive your recovery code. It will send to your alternate email address. You have to enter email id and select on the ‘send the code’
- In a new window, sign-in to your alternative email account and open the recovered code provided by Microsoft.
- In the outlook browser window, select ‘I have a code’ and type recovery code and click next.
Now you can access your account successfully. If your account has been permeated by a third-party, then protect your information by changing your password immediately. But how to change a password? You will see this in next topic.
How to Change Hotmail Password ? Procedure
- To change your Hotmail password, sign-in to your account.
- Now, click on settings and find the tab of
- As you click on it, you will redirect to another option. Here you have to find and select Account details-password, addresses and time zone
- On this page, select the Security and privacy menu from the right side. You will find submenu of Account security, inside it you have to click on Change password.
- Once you select it, Hotmail sent you a verification code for checking the authentication of a user. It will send to your secondary account. So enter your alternate email and select send code option.
- In a new window open your alternate/ secondary email and get the code.
- Once you select the link, you can proceed for change password process.
Secure Hotmail Account
If you have Hotmail account, then the security of your account must be a top priority. There are some ways to increase your Hotmail account security. Follow the step and secure your Hotmail account.
- First, ensure that your account is protected by a secure password. For that select password which has alphabets in (caps as well as small), numbers and special characters. For example- Kdhinuesshh2709%$#.
- Never make a password with your name, birthdate, common words of the dictionary, profession, a name of family members, etc. as they are easy to heck.
- Never share your password with anyone.
Hotmail 2 step verification: set-up
You can secure your Hotmail with two-step authentication process. It adds an extra shield of protection to your account. For this process, you have to enter a code, which is sent by Hotmail to the email address or phone number when you want to sign up for Hotmail.
- To set-up this, go to setting>>options>> Security settings>> Security and Privacy >>More security settings.
- As usual, you have to verify your account same as you did in change password section.
- After verification, scroll down and find Two-Step Verification option and click on it.
- In the next screen, read all the requirements thoroughly and click on the next
- Now, you get a page like ‘How else can we verify your identity?’ Here, you have to choose to send the ode option. Along with that select the phone number, an email address or app from the dropdown list. Enter necessary details and click
Note: If you find this process hectic and long, you can pick to get your code via the app. This app can download from the Google Play store or apple play store.
Hotmail sign-up/ sign-in form mobile
When you are using your smartphone and want to sign-in to your Hotmail account, then it is easy. Just open your web browser, go to the official site and sign-up but if you are using the mobile app then how to follow this procedure. Let’s take a look at it, too.
It is effortless and convenient to sign-up from mobile using the app, and you can access your account on a daily basis from your phone.
To install and sign up using the Hotmail app., follow the steps given below. This procedure is for android users.
- First, go to the google play store and find the app either Hotmail or outlook.com. First, try to search for Microsoft outlook. If this keyword doesn’t show any result, then go to Hotmail.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button and install the app.
- To provide the services, it needs to access specific information on your phone. So you have agreed to allow this by tapping on green accept button.
- Once the installing process is done, tap on the button of open.
- Now, link your Hotmail account. Next, link your Hotmail account to the app. For that click on the option ‘Add an Account’ and choose ‘Outlook.com’ from the available options.
- On the sign-in screen, enter your email address and password in the designated fields and click on sign up.
Note: if you are a new user and want to sign-up for Hotmail account, select a sign-up option and follow the steps given above on your mobile app.
We hope you find this article informative. If you like this article, then share it with your friends and family. If you have any doubts regarding this article, then you can contact us. Leave your queries and suggestions in the comment box. Thank you!!